*blows the dust off of her blog*
Sheesh. I have been absent for about two months which is pretty terrible! Yikes. Anyways…I want to get back into the habit of writing and updating her more often, and I figured since the full moon is coming up on Thursday I would do a post on esbat celebrations and traditions.
The full moon is something that has instilled wonder and awe in people since the dawn of time. It has an effect on everyone, whether they recognize it or not, and those who are magickally inclined are able to harness and work with its intense energies. I recognize the full moon esbats each month, though sometimes I will do other esbat rituals and magick at the other phases (ie: new, dark, etc.). One of my favorite things to do on a full moon night is what I call a “Goddess Bath”. It is so relaxing and luxurious, and it will surely bring out anyone’s inner Goddess.
1. Bubble bath, bath salts, bath beads, etc. Any bath supplies you prefer.
2. A muslin cloth OR a (clean!) sock you don’t mind getting wet (You will see why in the instructions.)
3. Herbs you like that correspond to relaxation. Some good examples are: rose petals, rose buds, lavender and lemon grass.
5. Quiet relaxing music
6. Any lotions you may use after soaking in a bath.
1. Fill the muslin cloth with the herbs you selected and tie it shut.
If you don’t have one, take the sock and turn it inside out and put your hand in (like a “sock poppet”, inside out). Now put a bit of each herb you selected into the palm of your hand which is inside of the sock. Once you’re done, take the sock off your hand flipping it right side out as you do. Now all of the herbs you selected should be neatly inside of the sock. Tie the open end shut with a hair elastic or rubber band.
2. Fill the bath tub with hot water and put your herb satchel into the water. Add any bath ingredients you want in addition to the herbs, or if you want to use JUST the herbs, that’s fine too. Whatever you like.
3. Light the candles, turn out the lights and relax. Soak as long as you want. Play calm music while doing so if you like. Take this time to indulge yourself. Shave your legs with the good shaving cream, focus on pampering.
4. When you’re done bathing, stand up in the bath and then drain the water. Towel off and apply any lotions you want. I use my expensive lotions and luxury items when I am taking a “Goddess bath”. Indulge.
5. When you’re all dry and feeling relaxed, do some journaling. I have found in the past a lot of profound insights have come to me when journaling afterwards.
Enjoy, beautiful Goddesses.
Ivy ) O (